Archive for Year: 2023
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Pam Ray, Managing Director, 100WS
100WOMENSTRONG NOW ACCEPTING 2024 GRANT FUNDING LETTERS OF INTENT FROM LOUDOUN COUNTY NONPROFITS
Organization holding an informational workshop on October 18 for nonprofits that provide services in the areas of shelter, health, hunger and education
Leesburg, Va. October 2, 2023 100WomenStrong is now accepting Letters of Intent (LOI) from nonprofits that are headquartered or provide services in Loudoun County and interested in requesting grant funds during the 100WomenStrong 2024 Competitive Grant cycle. Organizations that wish to be considered for funding from 100WomenStrong must submit their LOI online before 5:00 p.m. on November 1, 2023.
100WomenStrong, a component fund of the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties, has granted more than $4 million to nonprofits serving Loudoun since its inception in 2008.
100WomenStrong prioritizes funding for projects or programs addressing these needs in Loudoun County, Virginia:
In addition, 100WomenStrong prioritizes requests for funding that:
- maintain or increase the capacity of the organization’s mission
- provide significant benefits and/or impact to Loudoun County residents
- provide creative and innovative ways to meet community needs
Applicants may submit their LOI through the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties’ online grant portal at: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=cflf
LOIs will be reviewed by 100WomenStrong and select organizations will be invited to submit a full proposal for consideration. All organizations that submit an LOI will be notified of the outcome of their request by December 18, 2023.
An optional pre-LOI workshop will be held online for interested applicants on Wednesday, October 18, 2023, at 11:00 a.m. To attend, participants must register in advance using this link:https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUpcO-gqTkvHtQgZlOtDDEvlerwo2faFg8G .
Questions about the grant process can be directed to:
Pam Ray, 100WomenStrong Managing Director: Pam@OneHundredWomenStrong.org
Formed in 2008, 100WomenStrong is a group of concerned philanthropists seeking to strategically invest in organizations and programs that enrich the lives of Loudoun County residents. They are committed to improving the quality of life for residents of Loudoun County, Virginia, through strategic grants to non-profits working in the areas of shelter, health, hunger and education. Members of 100WomenStrong connect and collaborate to leverage their philanthropic resources as a proud component fund of the Community Foundation of Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Pam Ray, Managing Director 100WS
100WOMENSTRONG EXCEEDS $4 MILLION IN CUMULATIVE GIVING TO NONPROFITS IN SUPPORT OF SHELTER, HEALTH, HUNGER, AND EDUCATION
2023 grants of $567,000 awarded to nonprofit organizations offering services in Loudoun County
Leesburg, Va. – May 24, 2023 – 100WomenStrong announces grants of $567,000 to 46 nonprofits headquartered or providing services in Loudoun County bringing its total funding to more than $4 million since 2009.
Established in 2008 by Karen Schaufeld and 11 other founding members, 100WomenStrong gave their first two grants in 2009 for a total of $28,600. Flash forward fifteen years and the group has grown to 66 members with $567,000 being disbursed to 46 Loudoun nonprofits in 2023 in the areas of shelter, health, hunger, and education.
“I had an epiphany one morning in the shower,” Karen Schaufeld says, “regarding the potential power of combined giving. I knew I could find others who felt passionately about making a difference right here at home and the camaraderie of being change-makers in our county would be powerful and rewarding. The more we grow the greater work we can do.”
“Although Loudoun is among the wealthiest counties in America, we still have families who are suffering from hunger, homelessness, lack of basic healthcare, and substance use disorder. We’ve also seen a tremendous uptick in grant requests for mental health services. In the aftermath of the pandemic and the continued stress of inflation, we hope we can grow our membership to make an even bigger impact in 2024,” says Stephanie Place, 100WomenStrong Grants Chair.
The 2023 100WomenStrong grants are as follows:
- A Farm Less Ordinary – $8,500
- A Place To Be – $20,000
- All Ages Read Together – $25,000
- BetterALife – $6,000
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington – $9,000
- Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties – $10,000
- Crossroads Jobs – $10,000
- Dulles South Food Pantry – $18,200
- Every Citizen Has Opportunities (ECHO) – $16,602.00
- Friends of Loudoun Mental Health – $12,000
- Good Shepherd of Northern Virginia- $9,000
- HealthWorks for Northern Virginia- $8,500
- Heeling House – $14,000
- INMED Partnerships for Children – $12,000
- Insight Memory Care – $10,000
- Just Neighbors – $12,000
- LAWS Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services – $25,000
- Legacy Farms – $10,000
- Leonard W. Kidd Memorial American Legion Post 2001 – $15,000
- Loudoun Cares – $12,000
- Loudoun Club 12 – $15,000
- Loudoun Coalition on Women and Girls – $5,000
- Loudoun Education Foundation – $10,000
- Loudoun Free Clinic – $14,000
- Loudoun Hunger Relief – $10,000
- Loudoun Literacy Council – $14,000
- Loudoun Therapeutic Riding Foundation – $12,000
- Loudoun Youth – $3,000
- Love, KK – $5,400
- Mobile Hope – $14,000
- Morven Park, Inc – $3,700
- Northern Virginia Community College Educational Foundation, Inc – $26,250
- Northern Virginia Family Service – $15,000
- Ryan Bartel Foundation – $10,500
- SCAN of Northern Virginia – $16,000
- Seven Loaves Services – $10,500
- Shelter House Inc. – $20,000
- The Arc of Loudoun – $20,000
- The Fenwick Foundation $7,000
- The New AG School – $7,000
- The Salvation Army of Loudoun – $10,000
- Tree of Life Ministries – $14,000
- Veterans Moving Forward – $7,000
- Virginia Hunters Who Care, Inc. – $5,000
- Volunteers of America, Chesapeake & Carolinas – $15,000
- Women Giving Back – $15,000
Eligibility for membership includes the ability to make a minimum annual contribution of $10,000. Both individual (women and men) and corporate memberships are welcomed. Donations are tax deductible and can be paid annually, semi-annually, quarterly or monthly.
100WomenStrong is a component fund of the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties and was the Loudoun Chamber of Commerce Nonprofit of the Year in 2022.
Formed in 2008, 100WomenStrong is a group of concerned philanthropists seeking to strategically invest in organizations and programs that enrich the lives of Loudoun County residents. They are committed to improving the quality of life for residents of Loudoun County, Virginia, through strategic grants to non-profits working in the areas of shelter, health, hunger and education. Members of 100WomenStrong connect and collaborate to leverage their philanthropic resources as a component fund of the Community Foundation of Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties.